SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Do you have a passion for software development? Are you both creative and technical? Do you enjoy a high-energy, deadline-driven work environment? Are you a self-starter who enjoys a balance of working independently as well as in collaboration with others?
We currently have an opening for a Lead Software Developer to join our office in Largo,MD. In this position, you’ll have a key role in the design, development, testing, deployment and support of our proprietary system. You’ll elicit customer software requirements, develop related documentation, and perform software analysis, development, testing and maintenance activities. Plus you’ll be part of a strong team that has longevity.
Qualities you need to have:
- Developing and maintaining high-quality software products supporting the organization’s standards and infrastructure, using Microsoft .NET Framework, SQL and integrated system components.
- Supporting and complying with documented software process and procedure requirements spanning all phases of software product life cycle.
- Participating in meetings with other team members to design user-friendly interfaces; developing high-quality, object-oriented business objects; and conducting research and evaluation of software-related technologies and products.
- Producing software documentation and updating existing documentation.
- Collaborating with and mentoring other team members, and assisting with code reviews.
- Managing your own work time and priorities in accordance with aggressive development deadlines, client budgets, best practices and a quality/delivery methodology, such as Agile Development, that includes development standards.
Education, experience and skills we’re looking for:
- Enthusiasm for software development.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in technical documentations and presentations.
- Self-motivated nature with excellent time management skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to understand complex code and business rules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience with .NET Framework development, C# and SQL Server.
- Experience with user interface design.
- A deep understanding and working knowledge in the following areas of development:
- .NET Framework
- Web Development
- Object-Oriented Design & Development
- Agile Development Techniques
- SQL Server 2005
- Business and data access logic (server-side)
- SQL Server database objects (including stored procedures)
- Common class libraries
- Web Services
- Unit Testing (NUnit, MSTest)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.